Friday, February 02, 2007

OMG, Finally!

I have been waiting for Friday all week and it has taken its sweet time getting here, it seems. But now it's Friday, and I'm happy, and also only working a half day today due to travelling into the night on Monday and Tuesday. Woohoo!

So in honor of Friday (Woohoo!) I'm doing it up bullet-style:

* The other night I was preparing Aaron for what he was supposed to make for dinner last night. The menu included Pasta Ameritriciana (a quick and easy tomato bacon sauce with linguine, which turned out wonderfully), a green salad, and garlic bread. I told him he had a choice between the texas toast garlic bread and garlic breadsticks.

Well, apparently "garlic breadsticks" are the magic words, because his face immediately lit up. "You got garlic breadsticks? They're my favorite!"

"They are?" I asked. "Why did you ever tell me that before? I would buy them more often if I knew."

"Well, you like the garlic toast and I want you to be happy and so I eat the garlic toast and that's fine."

It would seem I'm not the only one with the pleasing-other-people-while-sacrificing-my-own-needs problem in our house.

* This morning on the local news the anchor stated, "It's cold out there! You might want to turn up your thermostat!" Um, yeah. It's been cold, like 20s and teens cold for a couple of weeks now. It's in the single digits, yes, but isn't the point of a thermostat to keep it at a roughly steady temperature no matter what the weather's like outside? Do I have this wrong?

* I am a major geek. I have already pre-ordered the newest Harry Potter book. I also told Aaron he had to start reading the first one now so that he could be done with the series up till the new book by the time I'm done with the new book and the he can read it and we can be excited together. He looked at me like I was diseased or something. It's possible that I am, I guess. I have Potter-itis, and I've got the itch for the new book. I can't wait!

5 Comments:

At 2/02/2007 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for 10 years I bought a 12 pack of pepsi for my husband every two weeks when I went to the grocery store. Once when money was tight Coke was on sale so I bought it instead. He said, "Vicki why did you get coke?" I explained to him. He said, "Good I like it better ." WHAT? You tell me this after 10 years?

 
At 2/02/2007 1:57 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

I hadn't even thought about preordering the book. I need to do that NOW!

Hooray for Friday.

 
At 2/02/2007 2:22 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

That's so cute about Aaron eating garlic toast for you. :)

Nick is so funny about groceries. He considers it totally my domain. I can ask him a million times what he wants to eat, and he'll just shrug and say "whatever". The other day we were at the store together, and he asked my permission to buy Gatorade. I thought it was so hilarious that he needed my seal of approval. Like, I am the Queen of the Refrigerator or something, just because I'm the woman.

 
At 2/04/2007 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to fake a stomach flu so I have an excuse to read the new HP book without getting bothered with such silly things as childrearing and showering.

 
At 2/07/2007 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told Andrés the same thing and got a similar reaction. I even offered to buy two copies so there would be no sharing-related issues, but he was still a no-go.

Whatev.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home