Thursday, February 08, 2007

He's Too Cute

Last night Aaron was cooking dinner while I was sitting on the couch trying to get warm under a blanket. From the kitchen he asked me a question and then stopped halfway through his sentence to sing along with the song that was playing at that moment on our CD player.

Even though it makes him self-conscious, and I know this, I couldn't help but laugh, because it was adorable.

Two nights ago we were talking about something, I don't remember what, and we were both distracted while having this conversation. My attention snapped back to what he was saying when these words came out of his mouth, "But does it have a specific porpoise?"

Again, I couldn't help but laugh, but this time he laughed with me. We've been making porpoise/dolphin jokes ever since.

Despite all this cuteness, we had a non-fight kind of fight last night, where things were said and feelings were hurt and we just quit talking for the rest of the night. This morning we both acted as if nothing had happened, but things were still tense between us.

I want the cuteness back.

6 Comments:

At 2/08/2007 10:43 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

I hate those "awkwardly pretending to ignore the obvious" moments. But I bet all will be forgotten by about dinner time. Maybe even by lunch. :)

 
At 2/08/2007 11:01 AM, Blogger Sarah Barah said...

Wednesday must be non-fight night. We sort of had one too. He knew what he said upset me, but he wasn't truly sorry he'd said it. And that upset me more than the original statement. I love PMSing.

 
At 2/08/2007 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh yes. Marriage. Love. Life.

We have those times. We've been married for 15 years. Sometimes I want to stick a fork in his eye. Sometimes I want to sneak off to the back room and make out. Sometimes just the sight of his truck coming down the road makes my heart jump in my chest. It all comes together. The cuteness will come back, and then one day so will the part you were mad about last night. =)

Glad to see someone posting about how normal life is.

 
At 2/08/2007 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a similar non-fight fight last night. Only, we haven't moved on from it, we're not speaking and it's making me dread the next 5 days that he's off...

Hope you get your cuteness back tonight :)

 
At 2/08/2007 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you chalk it up to the cold weather making you both cranky and just move on? Sometimes you just don't totally jive and it's nobody's fault.

 
At 2/08/2007 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Jess, I hate it that the cuteness dwindled for a bit, but the good news is that it always comes back. Or it does for us.

Here's to hoping the cuteness is plentiful tonight. Plus, make-up sex isn't a bad idea. :) (Did I just say that?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home