Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day

In my family, growing up, we never really celebrated Valentines Day because it's also my brother's birthday and we didn't want to take his special day away from him. I think this makes Aaron eternally happy since he doesn't have to make a big deal about this day because I don't really care. We don't usually go out for a fancy dinner, or any other kind of date, but we do usually cook something slightly fancier and watch one of our favorite movies. We definitely don't do presents, unless they're of the flowers variety, which I don't mind at all. (Confidental to Aaron: HINT)

Tonight I'm making a fancy dinner - shrimp scampi with roasted cherry tomatoes, roasted asparagus, and molten mocha cakes. I don't even want to admit how much I had to pay for shrimp, especially since I should have thought about it ahead of time and gotten them from a local shrimp farm that's just down the road from my office. Duh! Then we'll probably watch Out Cold or Finding Nemo, and, you know, other stuff.

I actually did get a package from my mom yesterday, and in addition to some pants I left at home over Christmas and a late-arriving Christmas present (an armband for my iPod), she sent a card, some cash, a coloring book, and colored pencils. She knows the way to my heart for sure. She said she was going to send chocolates, but knew I wouldn't want them, so she sent cash instead.

Which brings me to my final point (re: not wanting the chocolates). I've decided to join some people who are doing Weight Loss Wednesdays on their blogs. I don't necessarily need to lose weight, but seeing as I've gained almost 10 pounds from this time last year, I think it's time to work on losing a little weight. I figured I could use a little encouragement from others doing this, since Aaron tells me I look fine and that he doesn't like my "diet food" (which obviously we're not having tonight). So here's my first "weigh-in" (I'm a little nervous about posting my actual weight, so please, be gentle):

My weight on:

2/7/07: 156
2/14/07: 154 (cumulative lost: 2)
Goal: 145 (9 more lbs. to go)

I'm a little nervous to see my weight tomorrow after the feast we have planned. Guess I'll have to tell Aaron we really need to work it off later. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

So, what do you all have planned for Valentines day? Did you get anything fun? I hope you all have a fabulous day, paired up or not, and that you get at least a little spoiled even if you have to spoil yourselves. Lord knows I'm spoiling myself by going to my favorite lunch place today for some absolutely fabulous tomato soup.

4 Comments:

At 2/14/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i'm working, then seeing the fam, then doing my stint on line as "ms. valentines" for the lonely hearts.

:) happy v-day!

 
At 2/14/2007 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am, as usual, home with my 13 month old. I don't "do" V-Day. I'd rather get flowers/cards/nice dinners or diamonds on any other random day, not just because someone says I should :)

Enjoy your dinner. It sounds so good, I'm STARVING now!!

 
At 2/14/2007 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines. My night sounds surprisingly like yours. I'm making linguine and white clam sauce and I stopped at a gourmet market and picked up a fresh loaf of rustic french bread some double creme brie with mushrooms and a nice bottle of port for Jeff.

Enjoy your dinner and um, the other stuff.

 
At 2/15/2007 9:05 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

We didn't do anything special; Nick thought he might have to stay late at the office, so we didn't want to make plans in advance.

I don't enjoy dining out on Valentine's, though. I hate the crowds, the pre-fixe menus (often tricky for a vegetarian), and just all the...bravado.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home